Chicken Pot Pie
Inside this flakey golden pastry you’ll find tender chicken and veggies in a creamy sauce, ready to win over even the pickiest eaters.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup petite peas
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 medium potato, cooked and cubed
- 2 each pie crusts, unbaked
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Add onions and cook until soft. Whisk in flour, salt and pepper. Slowly add broth and whipping cream. Boil and stir one minute. Add chicken, peas, carrots and potatoes.
- Place one crust in bottom of pie pan. Pour chicken mixture into pie plate. Top with other pie crust. Press edges together to seal. Cut slits in top crust. Bake 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let pie cool slightly before serving.