Pumpkin French Toast
With this pumpkin-y French toast, every day can start with the flavors of fall.
Prep: 5 minutes / Cook: 6 minutes / Total: 11 minutes / Difficulty: Easy
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 12 slices bread
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Set a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, add a little butter and melt.
- In a baking dish, whisk together eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
- Dip the bread into the mixture, flip sides and place on the skillet. Cook until each side is golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- **Tip:** Best served hot with whipped pumpkin butter and maple syrup. To make the pumpkin butter, add softened butter to a mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer. Once butter is light and fluffy, add pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Beat for an additional minute to combine ingredients.