Monte Cristo Breakfast Casserole
This overnight casserole is a version of the Monte Cristo ham and cheese sandwich. Lots of cheese, eggs, and tasty preserves tucked between slices of bread!
- 12-14 slices of Good to Dough White Bread
- 9 oz package Kroger Deli Thin Sliced Ham
- 9 oz package Kroger Deli Thin Sliced Turkey
- 1/3 cup Kroger Red Raspberry Preserves
- 6 oz package Kroger Shredded Swiss Cheese
- 1/2 cup Kroger Milk
- 8 Eggs
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Powdered Sugar, for dusting.
THE NIGHT BEFORE:
- Grease a 9 x 13 (or larger) deep baking dish with butter.
- Lay 6-8 slices of bread in an even layer on the bottom of the dish.
- Spread jam across the slices of bread.
- Fold ham slices in half and place on top of the bread.
- Sprinkle about 2/3 of the cheese over the ham.
- Fold turkey slices in half and place on top of the cheese.
- Top with more bread slices.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Pour mixture evenly over the bread slices.
- Cover and let sit in the fridge overnight.
THE NEXT MORNING:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake until top is golden, about 35 minutes.
- Sift powdered sugar over the casserole. Serve warm.