Old-Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies
These peanut butter cookies are just like the ones Mom made, with the little crisscross fork marks. Add fine-chopped roasted peanuts to the dough if you’d like a crunchier cookie, or dip them in a little melted chocolate for a special occasion.
Makes: 60 / Hands-on: 30 minutes / Total: 2 hours / Difficulty: Easy
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- In a large bowl, cream granulated sugar and brown sugar with butter and peanut butter until light. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract. Sift dry ingredients together into a small bowl; blend into creamed mixture until well blended. Cover and chill dough for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Shape dough into small balls and place about 1½” apart on the prepared baking sheet. Dip the tines of a fork in flour, then press each cookie, dipping again and pressing again to flatten slightly and form crisscross marks.
- Bake for about 10–12 minutes until just browned on the bottoms.