Onion and Garlic Burgers
Adding extra ingredients to plain hamburger not only stretches the meat to serve more people, but it adds extra flavor, moisture, and nutrition too.
Serves: 5 / Hands-on: 20 minutes / Total: 4 hours 35 minutes / Difficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 lb. 80% lean hamburger
- In small saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until very tender, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for 15 minutes. Place onion mixture in blender or food processor and add soy sauce, salt, and pepper. Blend or process until smooth and remove to large bowl.
- Add hamburger to puréed mixture, gently mixing with hands just until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat grill or broiler. Form hamburger mixture into 5 patties and grill or broil until meat thermometer registers 165°F, turning carefully once.