Pecan Pumpkin Bread
A moist and delicious harvest time quick bread, enhanced with the addition of a flavorful, seasonal cream cheese spread.
Hands-on Time: 30 min. | Total Time: 1 hour 45 min. | Serves: 24 slices | Difficulty: Medium
PUMPKIN BREAD INGREDIENTS:
2½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
3 cups granulated sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
1½ tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 cup vegetable oil or light olive oil
⅔ cup water
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree
1 cup chopped pecans
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, room temperature
½ cup pumpkin puree
¼ cup granulated sugar
¾ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
½ tsp. vanilla
- For the Pumpkin Bread: heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of two 9”x5” loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oil, water, eggs and pumpkin; mix well. Add to flour mixture and beat for 1 minute at medium speed. Stir in pecans.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove from pans and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the Spread: Beat all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl on medium speed, stopping often to scrape mixture, until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, and up to 24 hours, to allow flavors to blend.
- Slice bread and serve with a schmear of spread.
Per serving: Calories 330, Calories from Fat 150, Total Fat 17g (26% DV), Saturated Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 40mg (13% DV), Sodium 300mg (12% DV), Carbohydrates 43g (14% DV), Dietary Fiber 2g (8% DV), Sugars 28g, Protein 4g, Vitamin A 70%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 8%.