Pork and Pineapple Skewers
Pork tenderloin is perfect for grilling because it stays tender and juicy. The sweet and slightly spicy rub blends nicely with the sweet pineapple.
Hands-on Time: 30 min. | Total Time: 1 hour 30 min. | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin, cut in 1” cubes
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. sweet paprika
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 cup fresh pineapple cubes (12 cubes)
- 4 (12”) metal or wooden skewers (Soak skewers if using wooden ones.)
- In medium bowl, toss pork with oil to coat. In small bowl, mix all remaining ingredients except pineapple; sprinkle over pork and toss to coat completely. Cover bowl and refrigerate 1 hour to marinate.
- Thread pork and pineapple on skewers. Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium heat. Place skewers on grill.
- Cook 10 -15 minutes or until thermometer in thickest part of cubes reads 140°F, turning once and rotating skewers for more even cooking.
- Refrigerate leftovers.