Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Juicy pulled pork serves a crowd for a backyard get-together.
Hands-on Time: 20 min. | Total Time: 6 hrs. 35 min. | Serves: 16 | Difficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. paprika
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. celery seed
- ½ tsp. dry ground mustard
- 1 (4-4½ lbs.) boneless pork shoulder roast
- 16 sandwich buns
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, if desired
- In medium bowl, combine all pork ingredients except roast, buns and barbecue sauce, mixing well. Coat all sides of roast with rub.
- Place roast in 5½-7 quart slow cooker; sprinkle with remaining rub. Add 2 tablespoons of water. Cover and cook roast 6-8 hours on low heat setting
- Remove roast from slow cooker. Remove any visible fat; shred meat with 2 forks.
- Skim as much fat as possible from juices in slow cooker; add meat back to slow cooker and heat 15 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Fill each bun with about ½ cup of meat; spoon on barbecue sauce if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.