Trail Mix Bars Recipe
Whether you need a grab-and-go snack to tide you over until your next meal or an at-home pick-me-up, these chewy trail mix and oatmeal bars truly hit the spot.
Prep: 15 minutes / Cook: 20 minutes/ Total: 35 minutes / Difficulty: Easy/ Serves:24
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups Simply Classic Trail Mix
- 1 cup chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 9”x13” baking pan with parchment paper, allowing paper to overhang edges for easy removal.
In large bowl, beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Beat until just combined.
Add oats and trail mix, stirring to combine.
Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan. Bake 20 to 22 minutes, until edges are lightly golden brown.
Transfer pan to wire rack to cool completely.
Using parchment overhang, remove from pan. Cut into 24 bars.
Optional: melt chocolate chips in microwave at 50% power, in 30 second increments, until melted. Dip each bar in melted chocolate; place on wax or parchment paper until set.
Store bars in airtight container at room temperature.