Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding
Whether you buy premade or whip up a batch of your own, using cinnamon rolls as the base of a bread pudding provides it with great structure and flavor. Bacon, cranberries and pecans add their own great tastes and result in an easy-to-make crowd favorite.
- 3 cups Kroger Whole Milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 14 cinnamon rolls (2 oz. each) or equivalent weight of rolls, cut into cubes
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup cooked bacon, crumbled (about 4 slices)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. cream
- 2 Tbsp. bourbon or apple juice
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13”x9” baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk, eggs and vanilla. Add rolls, pecans, dried cranberries and bacon.
- Stir gently to moisten all ingredients. Transfer gently to prepared pan. Bake 35-40 minutes until knife inserted in center of pudding comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in sugar, cream, bourbon and salt. Simmer, without stirring, 3 minutes. Pour warm syrup over pudding.
- Refrigerate leftovers.