Gouda & Garlic Grilled Cheese
Gouda is a go-to cheese for a sophisticated, creamy grilled cheese. Adding garlic to mayonnaise is a nod to aioli.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 4 ounces gouda cheese, sliced
- 2 tablespoons roasted red peppers, chopped
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and garlic. Butter one side each of two slices of bread. Spread the mayonnaise mixture on the inside of both buttered bread slices.
- Add a thin layer of roasted red peppers, then add two slices of gouda. Butter one side of each of the remaining bread slices and place them on top of cheese, buttered side out.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add one sandwich at a time to the skillet and cook 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown. Remove from skillet and slice diagonally.