Bruschetta Cheese Ball
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 oz. soft goat cheese
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped, rinsed, and dried
- ½ cup basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle Seasoning
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 3 Tbsp. sun-dried tomatoes, diced, rinsed and dried
- 3 Tbsp. basil, chopped
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1 Tbsp. basil, chopped in long pieces (chiffonade)
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 2 baguettes, sliced into ½” pieces
- Olive oil
- Put first 12 ingredients into a large bowl. With a spatula, mix until fully incorporated. Place mixture in the center of a large piece of plastic wrap and cover tightly, shaping the mixture into a ball. Freeze 1-2 hours, or refrigerate overnight.
- Just before removing cheese ball from the freezer or refrigerator, prepare panko coating by melting butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Stir in panko and continue to cook until golden. Cool completely and stir in sun-dried tomatoes, parmesan cheese and basil.
- Remove cheese ball from chilling and roll in toasted panko mixture. Use your hands to press mixture firmly onto ball, if needed.
- To prepare baguette, place slices on a baking sheet and brush olive oil over the tops. Place in oven on broil for 4-6 minutes, or until slightly golden.
- Place cheese ball on a serving dish and garnish with fresh tomatoes, basil, and bacon. Serve with baguette slices.