Get into the season with this simple and festive dinner. Homemade pizza dough, ready in a flash, topped with simple ingredients and transformed into a friendly (or spooky, if you wish) jack-o-lantern face.
1 cup warm water
2 tsp. yeast
2 ½ cups flour
¾ tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. oil
2 tsp. sugar
1 jar (14 oz.) pizza sauce
Shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Prep 2 baking sheets with foil and coat with baking spray. Set aside.
2. Put the yeast and water in a bowl and stir thoroughly to combine.
3. Add the flour, salt, oil and sugar and stir until a soft dough forms.
4. To make the jack-o-lantern pizzas, divide the dough into four equal parts. Press each section out into a circle on the foil, two to a pan. Pull out a small section to make a stem.
5. Let them stand for 15 minutes.
6. Top with pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese and pepperoni (as the face of the Jack-o-Lantern).
7. Bake at 400ºF for 10-15 minutes, until the crust and cheese are turning golden brown.
Tip: This dough can be pressed out into 1 large pizza. Instead of dividing the dough, press all the dough into 1 large pizza on a prepped, foil-covered baking sheet, coated in baking spray. Pull out a little section for the stem and then add the toppings. Bake at 400ºF for 15-20 minutes, until the crust and cheese are turning golden brown.
You can use flour or corn tortillas in this recipe. Flour tortillas are soft and corn tortillas can be steamed lightly to soften them or fried to make them crunchy.
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 small jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 16 small flour tortillas, warmed
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- ¼ cup sour cream
Pork tenderloin is perfect for grilling because it stays tender and juicy. The sweet and slightly spicy rub blends nicely with the sweet pineapple.
Hands-on Time: 30 min. | Total Time: 1 hour 30 min. | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin, cut in 1” cubes
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. sweet paprika
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 cup fresh pineapple cubes (12 cubes)
- 4 (12”) metal or wooden skewers (Soak skewers if using wooden ones.)
These family-favorite grill packets are a great make-ahead meal. They can be assembled the night before and refrigerated. Just add a couple minutes of grill time.
Hands-on Time: 35 min. | Total Time: 35 min. | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- 4 tsp. butter, softened
- 4 (4-6 oz.) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 small (6”) zucchini, cut in 1” pieces
- 1 small yellow summer squash, cut in ½” slices
- 4 (½”) wedges red onion
- 2 Tbsp. mustard
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
This lighter take on fajitas has all the flavor you love, with a crisp bite from the fresh lettuce wrap!
Prep Time: 10 min. | Cook Time: 20 min. | Total Time: 30 min.
Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. (51-60) raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp. Kroger® Fajita Seasoning Mix, divided
- 7 mini sweet peppers, sliced
- 1 cup yellow onion, sliced
- 8 leaves from the head of butter lettuce, washed
- ½ cup guacamole
- ½ cup salsa
- ½ cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
Whether you buy premade or whip up a batch of your own, using cinnamon rolls as the base of a bread pudding provides it with great structure and flavor. Bacon, cranberries and pecans add their own great tastes and result in an easy-to-make crowd favorite.
- 3 cups Kroger Whole Milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 14 cinnamon rolls (2 oz. each) or equivalent weight of rolls, cut into cubes
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup cooked bacon, crumbled (about 4 slices)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. cream
- 2 Tbsp. bourbon or apple juice
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
We are firm believers in not sacrificing taste for health. Try these Parmesan Ranch Zucchini Coins and we think you’ll agree!
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 cups zucchini washed unpeeled
- Hidden Valley® The Original Ranch® Light Dressing
We’re pretty sure that brunch is the best meal ever invented. Try out this easy ham and cheese bake and your family will be singing its praises with us!
- 12 mini croissants, split open but still attached
- 8 oz. thin sliced smoked ham
- ½ bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut in half
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Kroger Half & Half
- 5 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
Sugar cookies covered in bright sprinkles and a white chocolate center will become a springtime family favorite.
Prep Time: 20 min. | Cook Time: 10 min. | Total Time: 30 min. | Serves: 50 cookies | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. Kroger® Pure Vanilla
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup Assorted spring colored sugar or sprinkles
- 50 White chocolate candies or baking pieces
Homemade guacamole gets even more exciting with the addition of some ranch seasoning.
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- ¾ cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup red onion diced
- 1 package (1 oz.) Hidden Valley® Original Ranch Salad® Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 3 large Hass avocados halved, pitted, peeled
- 7 Tbsp. fresh lime juice